Information relating to the Club membership
We wish to welcome all new members to our flying club to have some fun in their spare time.
If you are a competent pilot but do not hold a BMFA ‘A’ or ‘B’ Certificate, please contact us, as we have BMFA instructors and examiners and can arrange your flight test free of charge.
The flying of models over 7kg requires the pilot to hold a ‘B’ Certificate.
Free membership is available for junior members (up to age 18 years) and members in full time education. Students will need to show evidence of such.
Swindon Model Aero Club is an affiliated club of the British Model Flying Association (BMFA). The Committee enforces all the safety rules and guidelines required by the BMFA plus our own Code of Practice.
What do you get for your Membership Fee?
Your membership fee includes the following:
- BMFA membership and insurance
- CAA Drone Registration fee
- Use of our private grass flying site
- A comfortable clubhouse with drinks facilities, telephone and toilets
- Secure car parking with vehicle access to the pits for unloading models
- Regular Club newsletters & bulletins
- Club Website with information, news and photo gallery
- Whatsapp group for membership communication about meeting up to fly
- Online weather station links showing conditions on site
- FREE flying tuition/guidance to ‘A’ & ‘B’ Certificate level
- FREE examinations for BMFA ‘A’ & ‘B’ Certificates
- Associate membership of the Vale of White Horse Gliding Club with reduced rates for full-size glider flights
How do I join?
Please contact the Membership Secretary for an application form:
Mrs Jane Whittington, 2 Kemerton Walk, Park South, Swindon, Wilts, SN3 2EA
Tel: 01793 340194
All memberships are subject to Committee approval and a probation period.